Warehouse & Operations Manager
What's the role?
We are currently seeking a National Warehouse & Operations Manager to join our Logistics team. You will be responsible for creating a world class customer experience by improving and sustaining a high standard of warehouse and contract logistics services across our business in New Zealand.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As the National Warehouse & Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing our physical logistics strategy, aligning it with our customer expectations and executing it through our logistics partners. Day to day you will manage service to our customers, operational costs, statistical reporting and analysis, improvement management, warehouse efficiency and network inventory.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We employ many different nationalities within Hilti New Zealand and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate.
What you need is:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and a maximum of 8 years' experience in a similar role as Warehouse Manager
- Working Experience in 3PL management is mandatory (contract and negotiations)
- Working experience in Financial Cost Productivity management and P&L knowledge
- Proven track-record of cross-functional project management with high business impact
- Strong IT Skills: working experience in SAP and advanced skills in Excel
- 100% lean management mindset: enjoys root cause elimination, continuous improvements, coaching and feedback culture
- Strong communication, change management, and stakeholder management skills
- A thirst to learn and challenge yourself with a strong business acumen
- Ability to make quick decisions and think on your feet
- Domestic NZ mobility for occasional business travel will be required
- Educational background: Engineering, MSc, MBA industrial performance, Logistics
If we’re impressed with your CV, we’ll invite you for an interview and introduce you to the team.
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”