Head of Human Resources
What's the role?
The Head of HR will be responsible for ensuring effective working relationships, influencing and challenging the senior management team in the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies. This position will also be responsible for overseeing delivery of key HR project activities associated with major Business Change programs.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
-Responsible to build strong working relationships, trust and credibility with stakeholders and leaders in the business.
-Multilevel interactions with Global, Regional, Local HR and Senior business leaders.
-Provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans.
-Implementation and success of HR policies and initiatives.
-Assisting and supporting Team Leaders across the business on organisational structure and design, building strong talent pipelines, coaching and mentoring team members.
-Work in partnership with the business to identify employees with high potential, develop career paths and self-development plans as well as monitor the implementation of the plan.
-Regular project reporting to the relevant business leaders.
-Work closely on People Development agenda; maintain & develop leadership team succession plan.
-To create an ideal talent acquisition strategy which will aim to enable fast and effective growth plans.
-Responsible for management and delivery of compensation and benefits projects and all related policies and guidelines.
-Lead, Coach and Develop a team of two HR Specialists.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We employ many different nationalities within Hilti New Zealand and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree, Professional HR qualification or relevant advanced degree.
- Proven experience as a senior HR Professional in a commercially driven organisation.
- Proven experience of managing change and growth.
- Experience and knowledge of New Zealand employment laws and contracts.
- Strong understanding of HR topics including; employee engagement, employee relations, talent management, C&B and talent acquisition.
- Strategic mind-set with ability to apply innovative thinking to resolve issues & partner with key stakeholders in the business.
- Ability to communicates challenges as well as influence a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Anticipates and adapts to change very well.
- Experience in project management, data management, analysis & presentation.
- Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects and evaluate them systematically.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”