What's the role?
The Finance Controller role is an integral member of the finance community, providing impact as a business partner to demonstrate insight through financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts and to provide practical counsel to drive business results.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As Controller, you will be the champion of the P&L in your market and bring transparency on the value creation of various functions. You will collaborate with various senior stakeholders across the entire business, including the organization’s Executive Management Team (EMT), regional team and organization’s leadership team. You will drive standardization, automation and process improvement through the organization and contribute to local and global projects to support Finance or the market’s long-term strategy implementation. Together with your manager you drive the performance management process covering the rolling forecasting and strategic investment processes.
From an operational perspective, you will own the controlling part of the month end closing activities, such as provide key reports to the management, calculate and maintain variable compensation models and accruals, and provide support to the business on related queries. You will also support your local team and/or a Shared Service Centre with the annual audit and production of financial statements as required. You will fully understand Hilti’s business model and its financial impacts to support the management in decision making to drive results.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, you will challenge the status quo, taking calculated risks to drive and develop innovation from within. You will proactively monitor the external environment and translate relevant trends into the organisation, to ensure agility and value creation.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognized as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. You can gain further insight on how it feels to be part of Hilti’s Global Finance Community, by searching for our LinkedIn feed: #HiltiFinance
What you need is:
- Degree in Business, Finance, or Related Field and either professional accounting qualifications or Masters
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a financial, consultancy or auditing role within a multinational organization
- Demonstrated knowledge in Accounting, Controlling, Reporting or Financial Advisory
- Effective communication skills, including ability to structure clear presentations and influence stakeholders at different levels
- Proficient English written and verbal communication
- The ability to simplify a financial message to non-finance stakeholders
- Strong business planning, financial planning (forecasting/budgeting) and analysis skills
- Experience in financial planning, modelling and analysis and reporting software preferred (e.g. Excel, Access, Tagetik, SAP Analytics, SQL, Tableau)
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve superior results within the deliverable timeframe, and with the available resources
- Demonstrated resilience to face challenging and critical situations in a constructive and decisive manner, dealing with internal business partners
- Demonstrated commitment to business improvement and be able to drive change to achieve results
- To contribute strong controlling and reporting processes to standardize performance measurement initiatives
- The drive to consistently outperform and exceed targets
- A willingness and ability towards continuous learning
- To be geographically flexible, and have the ambition to pursue an international career
If we're impressed with your CV, we'll invite you for an interview and introduce you to the team.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”